Respected Securities and Commodities Litigation Lawyers
For decades, our team at Block & Landsman has been dedicated to guiding investors and financial industry members through complex litigation matters. Our securities and commodities litigation lawyers are fierce advocates for those who have suffered serious monetary losses due to wrongdoing. We leave no stone unturned in seeking justice against unethical brokers and dishonest financial advisors.
Over the years, we have handled numerous types of broker and advisor investment related fraud. Our services include the following:
- Securities and commodities litigation – matters include financial manipulation and accounting, underwriting practices, market abuses, front running and insider trading
- Churning – brokers or advisors who make excessive transactions to build up their commissions
- Financial fraud – matters that include inconsistent investment recommendations, unnecessary switching of mutual funds, rolling of annuities and life insurance products, and other fraudulent actions
- Unsuitable investments – investments that are not consistent with the client’s objectives, or in the best interests of the client
- Breach of fiduciary duty – brokers/advisors who are placing their own interests above the clients’ best interests
When it comes to securities and commodities matters, many cases may involve more than one issue. For example, brokers who engage in churning to generate excessive commissions are clearly ignoring their fiduciary duty. We look at all aspects of each case to make sure you receive all of the compensation to which you are legally entitled.
Experienced Business Litigation Attorneys On Your Side
With extensive experience in the financial industry, our attorneys have represented a wide range of clients, including brokerage firms, trading companies, financial advisors and brokers. We handle matters involving U5 forms, restrictive covenants/non-compete agreements/employment agreements, allegations of fraudulent activity, disciplinary actions, “Wells letters,” and issues concerning the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”). We regularly appear before FINRA, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the National Futures Association, and state and federal courts.
Our experience also applies to business litigation where our attorneys are skilled in litigation and the arbitration process and can help you understand what your rights and options are. We also make it a point to be proactive and to keep you informed throughout your case so that you are not caught unaware.
Comprehensive, Competent Representation
At Block & Landsman, our mission is to provide clients with comprehensive, top level representation through even the most complex cases. Whether you are dealing with industry disputes, investor fraud, negotiating an employment contract, or facing a financial quandry, our attorneys will be steadfast advocates for your rights. We would love to discuss the details of your case with you to see how we may be able to help. To schedule a confidential consultation, please contact us at 312-251-1144.